"Oh." He let it drop. I looked away awkwardly.
哦,他让它走了。我笨拙的看向别处。
“哦。”他不再纠缠于这个问题。我笨拙地移开视线。
Thankfully, Mr. Banner started class at that moment.
谢天谢地,banner这个时候开始上课了。
I tried to concentrate as he explained the lab we would be doing today.
我尝试集中注意力听他解释他今天准备做的实验。
我努力把注意力集中在他对我们今天要做的实验的讲解上。盒子里的玻片的次序已经被打乱了。
The slides in the box were out of order.
盒子里的玻片是乱的。
Working as lab partners, we had to separate the slides of onion root tip cells into the phases of mitosis they represented and label them accordingly.
我们要两人一组地进行 实验,找出每个洋葱鳞茎表皮细胞玻片所代表的细胞分裂周期,并贴上相应的标签。
We weren‘t supposed to use ourbooks. In twenty minutes, he would be coming around to see who had it right.
我们不能用我们自己的书。在20分钟内,他会走一圈看谁是对的。
在此过程中不允许我们翻看书本。二十分钟以后,他会来回巡视,看谁做得正确。
"Get started," he commanded.
开始把,他命令到。
"Ladies first, partner?" Edward asked. I looked up to see him smiling a crooked smile so beautiful that I could only stare at him like an idiot.
女士优先,伙伴?爱德华问到。我看见他的笑容,一个弯曲的笑容是如此美丽以致于我只能像个傻子一样看着他。
女士优先,伙计?”爱德华问道。我抬头看着他。他微笑着,弯起的嘴角是那么的迷人,以至于我只能像个白痴一样盯着他看。
"Or I could start, if you wish." The smile faded; he was obviously wondering if I was mentally competent.
或者我先开始,如果你希望这样的话。笑容退去,他显然想知道我是不是个智障。
"No," I said, flushing. "I‘ll go ahead."I was showing off, just a little.
不,我直接说道,我先来,我就是有一点想表现。
我是在卖弄,但不算过火。
I‘d already done this lab, and I knew what I was looking for. It should be easy.
对这个实验我已经准备好了,而且我知道我要做什么。这应该简单。
I snapped the first slide into place under the microscope and adjusted it quickly to the 40X objective.
我切下了第一片到了显微镜下面,然后很快的调整到了40倍的大小。
我“啪”地一下把第一张玻片放到显微镜下,敏捷地调到40倍镜,然后简单地看了一下玻片。
I studied the slide briefly.
我很明显的看见了切片。
我很有把握地下了结论。